Spotlight: Kate Lamontagne ’18

Kate is an 8th-semester communications senior student from Monroe, Connecticut. 

• What semester is this for you?
    • 8th
  • When are you graduating?
    • Spring 2018
  • What’s your major?
    • Communications
  • Where are you from?
    • Fairfield, CT
  • What on-campus activities/organizations are you involved in?
    • UConn Rubyfruit
  • Any fun facts?
    • My parents went to UConn and met here their senior year second semester! Also, my younger brother joined me up here and now he’s a sophomore
  • What is your advice to incoming freshmen?
    • I encourage all freshman to get involved as soon as they get to campus! Getting involved in UConn A Cappella made the campus feel so much smaller and more like home. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there because everyone is in the same boat as you! Make friends and work hard and everything will pay off in the end!
  • Where is your favorite spot on campus to study or hangout?
    • I love to spend time at the Student Union or the great lawn when it’s nice out. My friends and I love to study outside, so I also love going to Horsebarn Hill to see the animals.
  • If you were an undergraduate for one more semester, what would you do with the time?
    • Given the fact that I am in an A Cappella group, an extra semester would give me more time to grow and collaborate musically with the girls that I have been singing with my entire time at UConn. I would also try and take advantage of all the cool opportunities to meet new people and get involved at the University before my undergrad time is over here.