Senior Spotlight: Olivia Corvino ’20

We asked the campus community to nominate seniors who are deserving of recognition, so we can showcase how much the Class of 2020 means to UConn. We’ll be posting interviews with selected seniors as our Senior Spotlight series. Enjoy. 

Meet Olivia Corvino!

Olivia in front of the Eiffel Tower

When are you graduating?

May 2020

What are you studying?

Nutritional Sciences

Hometown?

Milford, CT

What on-campus activities/organizations are you involved in?

UConn Yoga Club, CAHNR College Ambassadors, Lee Lab Research Assistant, 4+1 Program Member

What has your day-to-day been like since virtual classes and social distancing were introduced?

I go for a lot of walks in between classes, try new recipes, and have connected with a lot of friends over FaceTime.

Are there any campus traditions you missed, and any that you might want to take part in as an alum?

OOzeball

If everything could go back to normal for one hour today, what would you use that time for?

I would be back in Charter Oak with my roommates.

What are your plans for after graduation? 

Completing a Master’s degree in the Lee Lab here at UConn!

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

I hope to complete a PhD.

If you could thank one person for their help throughout your time at UConn, who would it be and what would you say? 

My advisor, Dr. Freake. I would say thank you for answering all of my questions, having my best interest in mind, and setting me up for success.

What’s a piece of advice you’d like to share with the Class of 2024?

Read the Daily Digest. There is always so much going on, and this ensures that you won’t miss out!

Anything else we should know about you? Fun facts, hidden talents, favorite memories, advice, etc.?

I spent one year abroad in Brazil and a second year abroad in Belgium. I speak three languages and have been to 13 countries!

Congratulations, Olivia!