Spotlight: Bianca D’Agostino ’18

Bianca is an 6th-semester business management senior student from Monroe, Connecticut. 

• What semester is this for you?
    • 6th
  • When are you graduating?
    • Spring 2018
  • What’s your major?
    • Business Management, Concentration in Entrepreneurship
  • Where are you from?
    • Monroe, CT
  • What on-campus activities/organizations are you involved in?
    • Innovation Quest (Student Ambassador), Management Department (Ambassador), International Business Association (former President since Freshman year, now currently Student E-Board Advisor), School of Business Alumni Relations Department (Student Web Specialist). Formerly involved in UCTV (Marketing Director), Business Connections Learning Community (FYE Mentor, Marketing Committee Head)
  • Any fun facts?
    • -Graduating a year early! I came to UConn in 2015 but will be finishing this May
    • -Involvement in UCTV and BCLC are two activities that shaped my entire time here at UConn
    • -First generation college student
    • -I am creating a case competition with two other management students to help a homeless shelter in Hartford (South Park Inn)
    • -I had great internships since my freshman year (Mediassociates in Newtown, CT and Sikorsky Aircraft)
    • -I love to knit
    • -I love plants
    • -I have been a finalist and competed in the UConn Public Speaking Competition twice
  • Why do you want to be featured as a UConn Senior Spotlight?
    • I am honestly just really proud to be a student here at UConn, and additionally, I am really proud of what I have accomplished during my time here. I think it’d be a really cool experience to get a feature–it would put a nice cap on my time here at UConn (and my parents would love it too). I would love to share my story a bit, talk about making an impact here at UConn–even if you’re just one person.
  • Any plans after graduation?
    • Yes! I got my job offer back in October. I will be working at Unilever in Shelton, CT, in their Supply Chain Office.
  • What is your advice to incoming freshmen?
    • Go into UConn with zero expectations–look at each new opportunity this campus gives you with no previous biases, and just go for it. For me, I remember coming into UConn thinking, “Okay I’m absolutely without a doubt joining these clubs and these classes, I won’t like these certain classes and I’m set with my involvement and there’s no changing it I’m so ready.” Well, that obviously was just wrong–I ended up joining several different clubs–some I didn’t even know was a thing (shoutout to UCTV). I also still surprise myself to this day with certain classes I take–I expected one of my classes this semester to be so boring, but it’s now actually one of my favorites to spend time on! So long story short, throw those opinions out the window and just put yourself out there, you’ll thank yourself later.
  • Where is your favorite spot on campus to study or hangout?
    • Two places I love to study: 1) In a dining hall (particularly south or Putnam because of all the windows). When I have multiple papers/exams and really need to focus, I get my food and just study the entire day until the dining hall closes. It’s productive and you get food for the day. 2) I love sitting out on the union quad, especially in the fall or right when it starts to get warm outside and everyone’s in shorts in 50-degree weather.
  • If you were an undergraduate for one more semester, what would you do with the time?
    • I would take a bunch of random classes and join other random clubs that sounded interesting, like a poli sci class, or the cannoli club or tea club, basically anything that didn’t normally fit into my schedule before. I’d also try and spend as much time with friends here as possible–they’re the thing I’m going to miss most here once I graduate.