Spotlight: Wyatt Pendleton ’18

Wyatt is an 8th-semester senior nursing student from Trumbull, Connecticut. 

• What semester is this for the nominee?
    • 8th
  • When is the nominee graduating?
    • Spring 2018
  • What’s their major?
    • Nursing
  • Where is the nominee from?
    • Trumbull, CT
  • What on-campus activities/organizations is the nominee involved in?
    • Sigma Theta Alpha, UConn Rescue, UConn Marching Band
  • Any fun facts?
    • Favorite UConn memory is going to Dallas with the Pep Band for the 2017 Women’s Final Four!!
  • Any plans after graduation? *
    • Go be a nurse in the Yale New Haven Health system (hopefully).
  • Any advice to the freshman?
    • My advice to freshman is to get involved! The best way to find your people and what you love to do is to branch yourself out and do as much as you can without overloading yourself. Academics are important, but the college experience is often most memorable because of the connections you make. Make the most of the time you have here (and get good grades).
  • Favorite study spot?
    • My favorite place to hang out is the patio in the Nursing building. During long days of classes, I enjoy being out in the sun on nice days and get some fresh air for my lunch break.
  • What would you do if you had one more semester?
    • If I had one more semester here I would probably try to get my business minor! I’ve always been interested in business and I think that I’d be able to apply a lot of the skills that I would learn to my career in healthcare. I would also continue to be involved in my fraternity Sigma Theta Alpha and get to participate in inducting the new pledge class as well as have another season with the UConn Marching Band.